- Joey Jordison: Slipknot founding drummer dies aged 46
Jordison was a member of the mask-wearing heavy metal band and also performed with the likes of Metallica.
- Petrol bombs thrown at Cuban embassy in Paris
Cuba's foreign ministry has released surveillance footage of the attack at its embassy in France.
- Star gymnast Biles withdraws from all-around final
American gymnast and four-time Olympic gold medallist Simone Biles withdraws from the individual all-around final Tokyo Olympics.
- Barabanki accident: Eighteen die after truck crashes into bus in India
The victims were migrant workers who were going home to meet their families.
- Tokyo Olympics: Great Britain win emphatic gold in 4x200m freestyle relay
Great Britain's men secure another gold in the Olympic pool with a dominant victory in the 4x200m freestyle relay in Tokyo.
- Capitol riot: Policeman tells 6 January hearing he feared he would die
Officers on duty when Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol give tearful testimony at an inquiry.
- Kris Wu: Why a superstar sparked China's sexual consent debate
A growing rape allegation controversy centering on Kris Wu has renewed discussion on sexual consent.
- Covid: Sydney extends lockdown as other Australian cities reopen
Infections in Australia's largest city remain stubbornly high, despite five weeks of restrictions.
- Gilgamesh tablet: US authorities take ownership of artefact
The Gilgamesh Dream Tablet was imported illegally into the US before being bought by Hobby Lobby.
- Key moments from first hearing of Capitol riot inquiry
Police officers gave emotional testimony about their struggles during the riot to US lawmakers.
- Zimbabwean with football dreams to be kicked out of UK
Christopher Arundell grew up in the UK but after doing time in jail is being deported to Zimbabwe.
- Indians turn to crowdfunding to pay Covid bills
More and more Indians are asking strangers to help them pay off crushing medical debt.
- Tokyo Olympics: Take a tour of the incredible venues
They range from an arena built by a father and son, to a legendary home of Japanese martial arts.
- Tokyo Olympics: German gymnasts' full-body suits inspire other athletes
British-Jamaican gymnast Danusia Francis believes athletes should have a choice over their outfits.
- Lebanon’s descent into darkness
The country's economic crisis has forced some families to move into refugee camps to survive.