- Dominican Republic votes in election postponed over virus
One of the top candidates for the presidency has recovered from Covid-19.
- Hong Kong security law: Pro-democracy books pulled from libraries
Prominent activist Joshua Wong says the measure is "one step away from actual book banning".
- Tiger kills Zurich zookeeper in front of visitors and staff
The 55-year-old woman was attacked in a Siberian tiger enclosure at a zoo in the Swiss city.
- Underwater cave in Mexico reveals ancient Mayan secrets
Divers on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula find evidence of a mining operation started 12,000 years ago.
- Hachalu Hundessa: Ethiopia singer's death unrest killed 166
Protests over the killing of Hachalu Hundessa spread from Oromia, where he was seen as a hero.
- Kanye West again says he will run for president
The US rapper claims that he has entered the 2020 race but it is unclear if he has actually registered.
- Japan flooding: Fourteen dead in flooded care home
At least 16 people have died and a dozen are missing on the island of Kyushu amid devastating rains.
- Fourth of July: Trump vows to defeat 'radical left' in Independence Day speech
The president rails at people who have "no clue what they're doing", as the US marks independence.
- Vogue Portugal defends controversial mental health cover
The magazine says it was trying to raise awareness after it was accused of using dystopian imagery.
- Coronavirus: Mexico's death toll passes 30,000
The country now has the world's fifth-highest number of Covid-19 deaths, more than France.
- Coronavirus funerals: Sri Lanka's Muslims decry forced cremation
Sri Lankan authorities insist on cremation for coronavirus victims. Some Muslims says its discrimination.
- Ukraine's Zelensky accused by ex-leader of hosting Russian 'fifth column'
Ex-president Poroshenko sees Russian influence at work in the new administration.
- Katsina: The motorcycle bandits terrorising northern Nigeria
Insecurity has worsened in the north-west as kidnapping for ransom becomes a lucrative trade.
- 'Email from dad after his death made my birthday’
How one father's email after his death has led people to share their stories of grief and loss.
- 'I left her as a baby - 16 years later she saved my life'
When Matjames Metson hit rock bottom after Hurricane Katrina, it was the daughter he hadn't seen for 16 years who turned his life around.