- Anti-doping bill: President Trump signs law allowing United States to prosecute dopers
A bill allowing the United States to prosecute anyone involved in doping at international events is signed into law by President Trump.
- Covid: Argentina passes tax on wealthy to pay for virus measures
Dubbed the "millionaire's tax", the one-off levy will fund relief measures and health supplies.
- Covid: Russia begins vaccinations in Moscow
The home-grown Sputnik V vaccine, which is still undergoing mass testing, is being used.
- Obama and Jordan basketball vests sell for record sums
Sports shirts worn by the former president and the Chicago Bulls star were auctioned in Los Angeles.
- Chinese coal miners killed by carbon monoxide poisoning
State TV says 18 miners are dead and five others missing in the south-west Chongqing municipality.
- Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: Cutting through the information blackout
"It is really scary. It is really difficult," a resident of the Tigray capital, Mekelle, shouts down the line.
- New Zealand's Stuff news group apologises for anti-Maori bias
After a deep dive into their reporting, Stuff found their coverage of Maori issues had been racist.
- Venezuela election: 'There's no opposition here, just God'
Venezuelans are to pick a new National Assembly, but there's little in the way of enthusiasm.
- Coronavirus: Defiant ski nations bid to save winter season
Many of Europe's ski slopes will be closed, but the Swiss and Austrians have made their own plans.
- Week in pictures: 28 November - 4 December 2020
A selection of striking images taken around the world this week.
- World's biggest iceberg captured on camera
A reconnaissance flight in the South Atlantic obtains spectacular imagery of the giant iceberg A68a.
- Fighting air pollution: 'Without solidarity the world will be doomed'
Nineteen-year-old Abhiir Bhalla has campaigned against air pollution in Delhi most of his life.
- Beirut explosion: The abandoned ship in the blast 'war zone'
This is what happened to Lebanon's only cruise ship, which was docked in the explosion's epicentre.
- Joe Biden: Covid vaccination in US will not be mandatory
It comes as the Centers for Disease Control urges "universal mask use" anywhere outside the home.
- Biden: 'I don't think Covid vaccine should be mandatory'
The US president-elect says he'll do "everything in my power... to encourage people to do the right thing".