- Turkey: Huge rally for opposition's Canan Kaftancioglu
Canan Kaftancioglu has been convicted for insulting President Erdogan and the Turkish state.
- Australia election: How Scott Morrison ran out of miracles
Australia's defeated PM had a carefully cultivated image, but it failed him in the end.
- Zelensky: Only diplomacy can end Ukraine war
Only a negotiated solution will work, says Ukraine's president, as fighting intensifies in Donbas.
- Australia election: Anthony Albanese vows unity after Labor seizes power
Anthony Albanese will lead Australia's first Labor government in almost a decade.
- 'Nobody takes my husband away from me, not even the war'
Ukraine's First Lady Olena Zelenska in rare interview with husband
- Spain heatwave brings record May temperatures
Temperatures in southern Spain reach 40C, up to 15 degrees higher than average for this time of year.
- Spain lifts Covid ban on unvaccinated travellers
UK holidaymakers without a jab will be allowed entry with a negative test or proof of recovery.
- Roger Angell: Baseball's reluctant poet laureate dies at 101
Although he disliked the accolade, Roger Angell was hailed for his innovative writing about the game.
- Covid in North Korea: No response to US vaccine offer
On a visit to the region, President Joe Biden said the US could provide Covid-19 jabs "immediately".
- Monkeypox: 80 cases confirmed in 12 countries
Another 50 suspected cases of the rare disease are being investigated, the WHO says.
- Tornado in Germany injures 43 people, police say
Officials said the tornado cut a path of destruction during violent storms in the west of the country.
- Dying of cold on the streets of São Paulo
A deadly cold snap hits Latin America's biggest city as the number of homeless people grows.
- Ukraine war: The volunteer drivers risking their lives to save others
Drivers describe evacuating people from Russian-held areas under threat of mines and military attack.
- Aurangzeb: Why is a Mughal emperor who died 300 years ago being debated on social media?
Aurangzeb ruled India 300 years ago - but a modern day dispute has seen hatred for him boil up again.
- Israeli police accused of violence towards shot Palestinian's family
Relatives say police used unjustifiable force on them inside the hospital treating the wounded man.