- Covid: Belgium announces return to national lockdown
Non-essential shops will close until mid-December to help curb the highest infection rate in Europe.
- Coronavirus: Slovakia holds national test but president calls for delay
Everyone in Slovakia over the age of 10 is to be tested for Covid - but the president is sceptical.
- Berlin airport opens... 10 years late
Berlin's new airport is finally opening to the public, 10 years behind schedule and billions over budget.
- US election: What Latino first-time voters want
Every 30 seconds, a Latino in the US turns 18 and becomes eligible to vote.
- US Election 2020: Biden and Trump in tug-of-war over Midwestern US
The Democratic and Republican rivals make ambitious forays into politically challenging territory.
- Breonna Taylor: Police officer sues shot black woman's boyfriend
Jonathan Mattingly was injured in the raid in Kentucky in which police shot dead the black woman.
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey, bringing deaths and floods
Twenty-two die in Turkey's Izmir province and on Greece's Samos island, with a mini-tsunami triggered.
- Coronavirus: US sees record-high daily Covid numbers as election nears
Days before the presidential election, dozens of states are experiencing serious Covid-19 surges.
- Nice attack: Grief and anger in France after church stabbings
Security across France tightens after a suspected Islamist militant stabs three people to death.
- Tanzania elections: President Magufuli in landslide win amid fraud claims
John Magufuli is re-elected by a landslide - but the opposition has dismissed the results.
- US election 2020: How many Americans have voted early so far?
A record number of people have already cast their votes - and that will have an impact on the results process.
- US election: 'How we learn about voting in India, France and US'
The US trails other developed countries when it comes to voter turnout. Could it learn from others?
- Philadelphia police union accused of lying over toddler post
A lawyer questions social media posts showing an officer carrying a black toddler during protests.
- Anti-France protests: Muslims hold rallies worldwide as tensions rise
Marchers vent their fury at President Macron over his defence of cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.
- A powerful earthquake has struck off Turkey's Aegean coast and Greek islands
The 7.0 magnitude earthquake in the Aegean Sea has destroyed buildings and caused flooding in Izmir and some Greek islands.